Sunday, July 09, 2006

Torero's

Last night Nate and I went out on a date, and we ended up eating at this neat Mexican restaraunt in downtown Goldsboro called Torero's. It looks like just a little hole in the wall, but it was soooo good. They had a guy with a guitar walking around singing. He was really good and it added a lot to the atmosphere. Then we ordered. Now I usually like Mexican food, but this was the best I've ever had. Nate tried to tell me I was just hungry, but when the leftovers today still tasted like a little piece of heaven I knew I was right. I ordered a Macho burrito which, by the price of it, I didn't think would be a major platter. Well, it was about three times the size of what I expected. I should have portioned it out to last three meals, but it was so good that I admit I ate half of it. I got chicken in it, and I wish I had the menu to describe the rest of what was in it. It was fabulous. I just can't say it enough. Nate's order was wonderful, too. I can't remember what it was called, but sausage and eggs was the main ingredient. He said he used to eat it a lot on his mission in Argentina. They brought his out on a large round plate that had the sausage, refried beans, rice, lettuce and vegetables all laid out. And then they brought him a little dish of tortillas, so he could make his own burritos or fajitas or whatever it was called. All of it was just delicious. I ate so much that I don't think I'll be hungry for the next week.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

wow! now i'm craving mexican! i'm such a creature of habit. i order the same thing every time i go. like i have my "staple" at each restaurant. i always order chimichangas when i eat mexican, but your macho burrito sounded GREAT.

that stuffed feeling is so miserable. at the time the food is sooooooo good (and i LOVE good food) that i just want to eat and eat and eat. then later i think, "why did i do that to myself? now i'm stuffed...and then some!" but it sure is good at the time! =)

Susan said...

I'm the same way with ordering the same food at restaraunts. My favorite at Olive Garden is the Tour of Italy, and at Wendy's I always get a Jr. bacon cheesburger.
I think if we go back to Torero's I'll be afraid to try something else because if it isn't as good as the macho burrito I'll be so disappointed about what I could have been enjoying.