Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Birthday, Hannah!!

For Hannah's 9th birthday party (yes, she turns 9 tomorrow), she decided she wanted a tea party. So, here is her cake. I hope you can tell it's a hat. It's always such a stress to make the cake, but I love the tradition of making a fun cake for my kids' birthdays.
Here is our little crew waiting for the party guests to arrive. We had snow that morning, but Hannah was so relieved that the roads were clear enough for the cousins to still come. When everybody got here I forgot to get any pictures of the kids eating at the table with the china in all of their dress-ups.
More of the cute partygoers waiting for their cake.

I think Hannah liked her gifts. She is such a sweetheart. We are so grateful to have her in our family. We love you, Hannah. Happy birthday!

5 comments:

JW and Alli said...

A fun party and one of the cutest cakes yet! Happy Bday Hannah!!!

Kristen said...

Oh, Susan!! That cake is amazing! You'll have to tell me your secrets, because every birthday cake I make is ugly. Tasty, but ugly. *sigh* :) Happy Birthday to Hannah. Nine is just getting too big!

Kellee said...

You put me to shame on birthday cakes. I don't even attempt to make them fun. Maybe someday... nah, too much work :)

Happy B-day Hannah! I can't believe William is big enough to party with the big kids now.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday, Hannah! Didn't she just get baptized last week?! Yikes! The cake is SUPER IMPRESSIVE! Did you make the fondant? Love it!

julie said...

Your cakes are AMAZING. It looks like a fun party. Happy Birthday Hannah.