Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Bright Spot in the day

Today was awful. AWFUL. But now that I'm at the end of it, I can see how I made it through. Ryan. He was my tender mercy today. That sweet boy woke up happy and stayed happy all day long. When nobody else did. At one point in the day Nikki was complaining about some school work I had given her. She said, "I have to do the whole page?!" Yes, one page. "Why do I have to do all of it?!" Because I'm the meanest mom in the world. Just do it. Probably about five minutes later Ryan was eating a snack and he said, "Mom, you're not the meanest mom in the world. You're nice." Oh, melt my heart. I needed him today. I'm so thankful he is part of our family.

10 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Sorry about the awful day. I think you go through the worst ups and downs being a mom, its harder than anyone ever tells you. Hope tomorrow is better! :)

Kellee said...

Awww! Give that cute little buddy a hug from me. That was so sweet! Eventually, there will be more good days than awful. Promise! Hang in there.

julie said...

Sometime those little boys can say just the right thing and it gets me every time too! I think we should have a group skype with LARGE bowls of ice creams soon. What do you think?

Susan said...

Yahoo! Bring on the Skype and the ice cream! You know, I've never skyped with you, Julie! We need to fix that!

julie said...

Maybe I'll get a shower today and we can skype tonight while Phil is at YMs. What is your skype email or name?

Anonymous said...

Tuesday morning had me grumping to my walking buddy about just how bad Monday was! Then she proceeded to tell me that almost the same child issue happened to her on Monday as well. It just made me feel better. Tuesday went much better, but today? Today Andrew totaled his car!! Last night we told the kids about our revised budget, and how we have to be so careful, because right now if we'd wreck our car, we wouldn't have the money to buy a new one! Go figure! LOL! Now that was eating my words.

Kim said...

Thank goodness for "Ryan" moments! If I didn't have those every once in a while, I would have sold all my kids on ebay by now. I'd like a skype/ice cream date!

Kellee said...

We should do that group skyping thing! I'm in.

Kristen said...

I'm so glad to know you have awful days. Not that I'm glad you have them, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does. (Did you read my facebook post?:)) That Ryan is a sweetie. It shows what a great mom you are, that you can look for that bright spot, in an otherwise awful day. :) Fun seeing you this morning. :) Love ya!

Brigette Little said...

Sounds like my Joseph. Don't know what I'd do without him. Sweet boys are the best!