Saturday, March 16, 2013

When is my due date?

The fact that it is next week is not really the point. Out of all of the children I have delivered so far, Nikki was the latest. So, if we were repeating her birth I would have already had her this morning. I don't know why this baby is so comfortable where she is -- I'm not! I totally set myself up for this. It just goes right along with just about every other parenting issue I have ever dealt with. When I think I know what I'm doing, my children never fail to prove me wrong! I think I might wear a sign to church tomorrow that says something like, "Obviously I haven't had this baby yet, so don't talk to me."

Clearly, I need to focus on some blessings: I actually do feel well, all awkward hugeness considered. There don't appear to be any complications with the baby so far. By the time I do get some consistent contractions I'm going to be really grateful for the pain. If I can't have a baby I figure I can at least eat what I want, so I'm going to go pick up some Chinese for lunch right now. Maybe I'll get a bucket of ice cream for dessert.

7 comments:

julie said...

Coming from the girls that has gone to almost 42 weeks twice, I am so sorry. I figure when number three comes along I will just plan on 42 weeks and be so happy if it happens early.

I went to Jim and Camy's ward the second Sunday after my due date because I couldn't handle one more person saying, "You haven't had that baby yet!?" So enjoy your Chinese and ice cream and know that the baby HAS to come out eventually! I will be praying for you.

Susan said...

Okay, I can't even begin imagine going to 42 weeks! You are amazing, Julie!

Eileen and Chuck said...

I love the sign idea--"just look at me--I don't want to talk about it!" If you could do something about it, you would--in the meantime, folks need to leave you alone. But they love you and don't mean to be annoying. They just are! But we're praying for your safe delivery as soon as the Lord wants to send her. Who knows--she could come on Chuck & Jayden's birthday (SORRY--I know you don't really want to wait till Thursday!) Know we love you.

JW and Alli said...

Love you Susan! That's all I'm going to say so I don't put my foot in my mouth. :)

Kristen said...

I can so relate. But you looked beautiful and I'm so glad that she's here now. I'm DYING to see some picture. :)

Kim said...

Loved this post.

Anonymous said...

:-) I just read this. I wish I could have been there to hug you! :-)