Sunday, December 01, 2013

Rolling through

I was leading the music in Relief Society today, and at the end of the third verse I thought we were through. Too bad there was a 4th verse! So, I only missed a couple of beats and we finished up the song. I was just kind of laughing to myself when I sat down. My friend beside me laughed with me and said I had handled it well. It made me think that this situation wasn't nearly as big of a deal as the time I started playing the wrong hymn on the organ during Sacrament meeting. Or the time when I was playing the organ and the lady leading the music leaned on the music stand and it fell over. She got up, brushed herself off, and said, "I'm okay," and kept on leading. I guess after enough situations like that you kind of learn to just roll with things. If you need to feel a little better about yourself, just follow me around for a couple of days and you'll be amazed at how graceful and well put-together you feel! We will have had plenty of laughs, too! I'm so glad I can laugh at myself. Sister Hinckley said something like -- sometimes you can either laugh or cry, and crying gives me a headache. I love that!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You are not alone in this!! :)

Kellee said...

LOL. I wish we lived closer to each other so I could see these things :)