Monday, July 13, 2009

Plumbers deserve a lot of money

My pictures won't upload right now because of some internal error, so instead of posting 100 pictures I'll write about my plumbing adventure this morning. We have the cheapest toilets in the world. They are always stopping up and needing to be plunged. And it's not my fault! About a month or so ago, the girls' bathroom got plugged and we haven't been able to use it since. I'll spare the details of that night, but let's just say that I plunged until I got blisters on my hands, and Nate was my hero sticking his arm in the toilet up to his elbows. Oh, we almost threw up. Anyway, we finally decided that we would have to call in some professional help on this one. Can you guess what the plumber pulled out of the toilet this morning? A washcloth. So, the question is did someone run out of toilet paper and reach for the closest thing available, or did it just fall in and nobody noticed, or did it fall in and someone didn't want to get it back out? A washcloth. It went straight into the trash can, and I'm very happy that tomorrow is garbage day.

3 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Ha! Ha! So glad I didn't have to see it, but it is funny. Do you think it could have been done by an innocent little baby? Well, I'm sure you are happy to have the potty working again. Hope it stays clear for a while. :)

Kellee said...

Poor Nate! That is so disgusting! Glad it's all cleared up now :)

Kristen said...

Amen!!! We just had to get our septic tank pumped. I guess you're supposed to do it every two years, but we've hardly ever been in a house two years. This summer makes two years in this house from the looks of things in our tank (the man was nice enough to show me the inside of the septic tank--BLECH!!!) the previous owners hadn't had it pumped in a while either. It was horridly horrid and stinky and yucky. But I'm so grateful they could come do it. Yuck!!!