Friday, July 31, 2009

Ryan is stepping. I can't call it walking yet, but he is taking steps here and there. He gets so excited and proud of himself that he falls down. Or he just can't wait to get to me and lunges. I just love him.

The girls started track out this week, and it has been really fun having them home. This is really the beginning of our summer except for our two week trip to Utah. It's been nice to just be here. Nate even got to stay home with us one day, but he slept most of the day. He went for a physical and they gave him a shot to update his immunizations. He's still recovering.

I went jogging this morning, and I felt good enough that my mind wasn't thinking the whole time -- just breathe, breathe, not that much farther. That only happened going up the last hill on the way back. Other than that my mind was free to think about how beautiful it was outside, how good it felt, how blessed I am. It was really nice. It is amazing to think how far I have come in the last few months. My heart is getting healthier. I'm excited to see how far I'll be able to run when I'm 40.

Kiddos are awake. Time for the rest of the day to begin.

2 comments:

Kim said...

So fun! Impressive on the running! Wyatt is full-on walking now. He's getting really good at it. I love the kitchenaids below....that was so funny!

Kellee said...

I've never liked running but have always wanted to like it. Wierd, huh? Maybe someday I'll have enough umph to try.