Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nikki's 7th birthday

We had Nikki's birthday party last Saturday. It was the opening day for our neighborhood pool, and Nikki was so excited about that because then she could have a pool party! Looking at these pictures makes me realize just how much she is growing up. I didn't get nearly enough pictures.
She wanted a three-layer cake with a sun, butterflies, and dragonflies. She has had it planned out for probably six months. I also have had an idea in my head of how I would do it and what it would look like for a while, but every step of making it ended up in near catastrophe. So, it ended up that Nikki really liked it and that's all that matters!



Thanks to all the cousins and aunts and uncles who came to her party! She had a great time and started asking when we would all get together again about 5 minutes after you left!

3 comments:

Kellee said...

Will you make me a cake too? I love your cakes!

Happy late B-day Nikki, again :)

julie said...

Happy Birthday Nikki! It sounds like you had a blast. Sure wish we were moving to NC...

Kim said...

You always make the best cakes! It sounds like you make the best parties, too! Happy Birthday, Nikki!