Friday, November 12, 2010

Nikki, Nikki, NIKKI!

We were heading out the door last night, and Hannah called out as she walked into the kitchen, "Umm, Mom, I don't think we can go to gymnastics tonight!" This was the lovely sight she saw. Clearly, Ryan doesn't have that much artistic talent yet - he even had earrings painted on. What is all over him? Fingernail polish. Yep. I only took a picture because one day I hope to be able to laugh at it, and it's really not so bad this morning as it was last night. On the upside, Nikki did admit to doing it the first time I asked about what happened. That's an improvement, maybe she has been listening a little bit to me. Also, it just so happened to be children's fingernail polish that wiped off of his body with just a warm washcloth. She is so lucky!! I'm not sure if the shirt can be salvaged, though, and it is one of Ryan's favorites. He loves the monkey on it. We'll see how it comes out in the laundry today, but I am no good with stains.

6 comments:

Kellee said...

Well, if you don't think it's funny yet, I do! haha

Kristen said...

You might try goof off, if it doesn't come off in the wash. If its worth the effort. I have some things that are and some things are just better left stained. :)

That is too funny, though. Gotta love creative kids. :)

JW and Alli said...

I can't believe he was so cooperative with her!! Glad to know that you have at least one child that can be mischievous. :)

julie said...

Fingernail polish? I thought the last post demonstrated Nikki's creativity but this one tops the cake! Sorry for laughing but Ryan would make a beautiful little girl. Check out those eyes!

Kim said...

Okay, I am laughing so hard right now! So, the question is, did you make it to gymnastics?

Susan said...

Yeah, we did make it to gymnastics. It wiped off pretty easily. I guess whoever made it had creative 7-year-olds in mind. It didn't come out of his shirt, though. I think I'll have to find some of that goof off.

It's a good thing Ryan like trains and balls because he sure does enjoy fingernail polish, makeup, phones, and shoes!