Monday, November 01, 2010

October in Review...

Well, we have been doing lots of fun things throughout October that I have been taking pictures of, I just haven't been posting them on the blog. So, instead of trying to find the time to give each activity its own post like I should have done, I'm just going to slap them up here in this post and be pleased that I did it before next Halloween.

 We started out October with a Spurting Spider. Only he didn't spurt at us because I didn't want it to leak before Nate got home from work and stuck it in the fridge. Well, a smart person would realize that the Jell-o inside the cake will harden if you do that, and therefore won't ooze out when you cut it. But I'm not that smart.
 


 This was a ghost party the girls decided they wanted to have. When I told Nikki that we didn't have any sheets that she could cut up to make ghost costumes out of, they just jumped into pillowcases. Then they turned out the lights and went crazy.
Painting pumpkins. Always a favorite.
 Carving pumpkins. Nate was out of town, so there was no question whose pumpkin was the best this year. Of course, I would have beat him anyway. :)
 Halloween lunch -- mummy faces and apple bites.

 Halloween sprinkles on cupcakes (well, it was really muffins with cool whip on top because I had already made muffins that day, and somehow I convinced the girls it was good enough)

 Jell-O Jigglers (and yes, my kitchen has been a wreck for most of the month -- I couldn't avoid showing it in most of these pictures)
 Haunted gingerbread houses

 Ryan had more fun cleaning up than decorating the graham crackers
Caramel apples

Decorated cookies
And Ryan got sick as we were helping set up for our party at church Saturday night. That didn't stop Hannah and Nikki from having fun at the Trunk-or-treat, though.
The nicest witch and prettiest devil around




Okay, I'm impressed if you made it this far!

8 comments:

JW and Alli said...

That was a lot of DESSERT!! :) Looked like a lot of fun too!
I hope Ryan is better now, poor kid.

julie said...

And you wonder why Hannah LOVES halloween?! You are AMAZING. We even have a Halloween baby and I just barely made the cake! Can we come to your house next October? Look like a ton of fun. Hope your little Ryan is feeling better!

Kristen said...

We usually try to do some fun stuff for October, but this year, we were lucky just to survive the month. Looks like your house had a LOT of fun.

Kim said...

HOLY WOW!! Julie called me and said,"Have you SEEN Susan's blog?!" Now I see what she was talking about! I keep telling myself not to compare, but I didn't even do a fraction of that! My kids drew on pumpkins with a sharpie...and I didn't even cut it after that! We went trick-or-treating to 5 houses, yes a total of 5. You are amazing! I wish we lived closer so I could send my kids over to your house for some fun!

Susan said...

Huh, well, maybe I went a little over the top, but really it was Hannah's planning. She and Nikki made a paper chain like we did last year, and all of her ideas were great ones. I guess it really is no wonder why I'm so tired and fat right now. :)

Kellee said...

You just earned the "best homemaker mother of the year award"...again! You are amazing.

Kim said...

I'm with Kellee--you are the BEST! How do you have time to DO all that stuff. Truly amazing! What a mom!!!

BRANDON AND NICOLE said...

Wow, I want to be at your house next Halloween-loved all the treats!