Sunday, November 13, 2011

Everything is Better with Butter!

When I got home from choir practice this afternoon, my family had just about eaten everything in the kitchen available for lunch. After the last few bites of leftover soup and some tortilla chips, I was in the mood to bake something. I didn't quite expect to use a whole box of butter, but yes, I did indeed blow through FOUR sticks of butter. That's what I added to my thankful list today. I started out making a recipe from my Grandma White for Apple Dumplings, but they weren't coming together very well, so I just made the biscuits after awkwardly trying to fill two of them with the apple filling. I must not be as coordinated as Grandma. There went one stick of butter, and I still had to do something with all of the apples I had chopped up and rolled in cinnamon sugar. I knew exactly what I wanted to make.

I have been eying these Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars for a while. OH MY! They were worth every single stick of butter it called for. Just yesterday I was telling Nate about how my clothes are getting tight and I have to get up to work out in the mornings. After today, I think I just need some elastic pants. :) Just kidding. Now that my butter is gone, I guess I'll have to find something healthier to eat!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

That looks amazing. :) YUM!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I think I will be making this soon.

julie said...

You are so funny! Elastic is my best friend right now!

Mike and Sherrie said...

I'm so impressed with how crafty and cross trained you have become at home. I hear Martha Stewart may be looking for a side kick! -Sherrie

Kim said...

Butter...mmmm. Happy thought. That looks so yummy my mouth is watering. I made cookies today. Yep, 4 sticks of butter. It's going to be embarrassing when I have to wear maternity clothes, but have no reason other than my normal jeans won't fit?!?