Monday, February 27, 2012

The Itch

I would have posted more lately, but I keep thinking I'm going to find the USB thing that transfers my pictures from my camera to my computer. I'm still going to find it -- hopefully soon. Then I can post pictures of Hannah's birthday, Nikki's gymnastics meet, and whatever else I have on my camera.

Since we put in new cabinets in the kitchen last fall, I have taken a break from house projects. But the home-improvement itch has returned. I REALLY want new wood floors, but since that isn't happening right now I decided to get started on something I can do. I got some paint today and rolled the first coat in the girls' room. They are excited about it. I'm a little nervous that it's going to be too bright, but I guess they would love it that way anyway. Oh, the wonders a coat of paint can do!

I'm not good at finishing long-term projects, so I'm really going to push myself to just finish decorating their room as quickly as I can before I lose my interest in it. My kitchen is a great example of that -- we put the cabinets in months ago and just last week I finally got the drawer knobs put on, and I should have tiled my backsplash next but I'm tired of working on the kitchen. Hopefully, I'll last long enough in the girls' room to at least get their beds put back in place!

3 comments:

Kellee said...

You've certainly done a lot of projects in that house. You do such a good job too. Hope you find that USB so we can see the before and after pics!

Kim said...

Way to go! I feel like the "3" in me isn't finishing things like I should be, but I sure have big dreams! I'm excited to see pics of it all.

Anonymous said...

You just have to keep it fun, or do it in small chunks. You've got a lot of great things going on!