Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sneak Preview


I still want to make curtains and replace the blinds, so until I actually finish the girls' room I'll just post this picture of it. It's the best part anyway. Oh, I also want to spray paint the ceiling fan. Anyway, I saw this really pretty stencil online of a bunch of vines with a couple of butterflies. I loved it, but it cost a hundred bucks for the stencil. Umm, no thanks. So, I traced it out on a piece of paper to have something for me to look at. Then, I got a piece of chalk and drew this out on the wall and then painted it. Obviously, not the same quality as if I'd spent the $100, but I'm pretty excited that I did it myself! I also made a butterfly chandelier, and the girls did some artwork, but I haven't taken pictures of it all yet. So, yes, I did get the girls' beds put back in a good amount of time, but once again, I do still have loose ends left unfinished.

7 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Great Artwork! Do you remember the time Nate asked Hannah or Nikki about a horse they drew...only it was really you who drew it? Well, I think you have become an excellent artist - Nate could not have done better! :)

Kellee said...

It's looks amazing! I love that idea. It's 100% better than the lovely rainbow and tree dad painted in our room while we were in school one day :)

Anonymous said...

It is so pretty Susan! Great job!

Kim said...

Kel, you didn't love the rainbow/tree decor?!? Come on! Susan, that really does look great! I can't wait to see the rest.

Eileen and Chuck said...

You are SUPER Mom, Susan! Don't know how you home school and STILL do these amazing projects! Wonder if your Mom & I could have been that creative if we hadn't been greenhousing . . . ? Nah! Not me!

julie said...

That is AWESOME. I love it and it did it free hand? I am SUPER impressed.

Kristen said...

That looks amazing! :) You are so talented! I can't wait to see what else you've done. Take pictures soon, so I can see it. :)