Monday, April 09, 2012

Easter

 We had a great Easter weekend. We were so busy the Easter bunny had a hard time catching us. Finally, after church Nate took the kids on a walk and I took a nap, and the bunny took the opportunity to leave a few treats. Nate says he always got a chocolate bunny when he was growing up, so our kids finally got one this year, too. I can't stand Easter grass (it ends up all over the house!), which is why we just had tissue paper in the baskets.

 Our bunny always sends us on a treasure hunt, and our friend Lauren was staying with us for the weekend while her parents were out of town, so she got to join us for it, too.

 The girls are growing up and their clues are getting a little trickier. This one had them both stumped for a while!




Of course, Easter is about so much more than treasure hunts and candy, and I really enjoyed the messages shared at church yesterday. We also got to attend Eliza's baptism on Saturday, which is a wonderful reminder of what our Savior has done for us.

I would try to catch up with my blogging a bit more, but Ryan has been begging for me to play cars with him.

5 comments:

Kellee said...

Our Easter Bunny omitted the Easter grass too!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! An update! So when are we going to get together? I like your new blog header and background!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! An update! So when are we going to get together? I like your new blog header and background!

Eileen and Chuck said...

Can you believe I am STILL a glutton for Easter grass? It was too much a part of MY childhood to omit it in spite of the mess. The Easter Bunny still comes to the adult couples, and each family's bunny takes care of the grkids. And he even sent Chuck & I on a hunt this year! But my biggest treat was the chance to sing a beautiful Easter solo in the two Sacrament Mtgs of our nursing home. THAT makes Easter for me! Yes, LOVE your new blog look, too!

Kim said...

Great idea on the non-Easter grass. I put it all away the next day & just put their goodies in their empty baskets, and I've still found it in random places!

I've just gotta say I have a whole lot more respect for the ole bunny than I did when I was a kid!