Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Catching up a bit

My baby is so beautiful. Even with her Alfalfa patch of hair on the crown of her head, and even though her perfect skin has started to get that baby acne (of course, since I'm ready to show her off now). Clearly, I'm her mother because she just looks perfect to me. And she is SO good. She doesn't really cry. She grunts and she'll let out a little quack here and there if she's really hungry or if I take too long changing her diaper. I'm sure that will change soon enough, but I'm enjoying her sweet disposition for as long as it will last. Well, she did cry in her carseat on the way home from Goldsboro this weekend. We were all shocked to hear her. It almost had Nikki in tears. Thankfully, she fell asleep pretty quickly. So, apparently she doesn't really like her carseat -- I guess we won't be driving her around late at night to get her to fall asleep.

 Look at that sweet face! I just love this baby!
 For April fool's day, Nate asked the kids if they wanted some brownies. Nikki and Ryan came running to the table and Nate pulled out some "brown E's" from the oven. Ha! But we got him back. I had Hannah stick a piece of a post-it note on the bottom of the mouse so it wouldn't work. The best part was that the night before I had told him about a joke I saw online where someone took a screen shot of something on the computer and then left that up, so whoever tried to use the computer would think it was frozen. So he thought that's what I had done and couldn't figure it out!

 Nikki went to the state gymnastics meet in Wilmington on Saturday. We left Hannah and Ryan with JW & Alli and took Nikki and Natalie. This is Nikki before the meet.


And here she is afterwards. She did great and placed 2nd all-around. And the quality of this picture is exactly why I want a new camera for Mother's day. Please send any suggestions you have for a good one to Nate. I'm pulling for a smartphone or ipad. :)

We loved General Conference this weekend. Nikki's meet was on Saturday, so it was really strange to miss conference that day. Technology is amazing, though, and I love that the video recordings were available so quickly.


Then, for family night last night, we watched the replays of the final four games from Saturday and then watched the championship game between Louisville and Michigan. Nate had us all fill out brackets for the tournament this year. After I picked Louisville to go all the way, both Nikki and Nate decided perhaps they should change their picks, too. So, I'm claiming I won. HaHa! It was so good to have our family together for so much of the weekend. Good times!

4 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Yes, your baby is beautiful. It was fun to see her this weekend. Love the April Fools jokes, I'm so boring and never make an effort on that day. But I love hearing about people who do! My 2 cents on a camera - smartphones and ipads are so handy to take pics, but for kids (who are never still) they really don't take very good quality of pics. If you want good quality pictures, you need a good camera. But if you sign a new 2 year contract you can get an iphone 4 for free, since it is an older model. Good luck w/ the decison!

julie said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! I am so happy for you! We have two cameras both Nikons. I have my point and shoot and my big cluncky Nikon D7000. I wanted both for the convenience of the point and shoot but I NEVER use it. I lug around the big one because the picture quality can't be beat! I still don't really know how to use it but I absolutely LOVE it. Complete opposite from the handiness of an iPhone/iPad. Good luck.

Eileen and Chuck said...

You are not just a prejudiced Mama--Natalie is absolutely beautiful--eyes closed or open! It doesn't matter what camera we buy--I always lose the charger and never have a charged camera when I want a picture! Then, after I buy a new camera, I find the old charger! Old lady! Congrats to Nikki on a job well done at States!

Kellee said...

I've been using my old cell phone for so long now, I can't remember when I had a real camera last. No help them from me. Natalie IS beautiful! She's so round :) Glad you're enjoying her.