Friday, November 08, 2013

Halloween pics

Halloween is a month-long affair in this house, but somehow I didn't get a lot of pictures of the things we did this year. Maybe that's because most of it was squeezed into lunch breaks and weekends. I think Nikki was pretty frustrated that we didn't get to everything we had planned. But we had a great time with everything we did get around to accomplishing. Here's a snippet of it all.

 Ryan painting his pumpkin with a cute baby watching in the background.

 Hannah thinks cleaning out pumpkins is gross, so she found her own solution.

 Thanks for doing the hard part, Dad.

 I thought they each did a great job designing their pumpkins this year.

 Mummy pizzas. He patiently waited for me to take the picture so he could take off the olives!

 Well, since they wanted caramel apples, I decided we might as well do it right, and I used the recipe of a friend at church who sells these. They are really that good. Of course, hers are a lot prettier, but ours didn't hang around long enough to really look at them.

 This little pumpkin enjoyed trick-or-treating.

 Woody had a pretty great time, too.

 The girls got so many comments on how creative their paper doll costumes were. I had to laugh because the fact that they cost $0.50 each was the main reason I cheered this idea on. They did a great job designing and cutting them out all on their own. I wish I had a better picture of Hannah's dress -- the bodice was an intricately designed pattern that was really pretty.

Dinner on Halloween was Ghost's shepherd's pie and these apple bites. It was a lot of fun to have our friends come for dinner and then more friends came and added to the pack of trick-or-treaters. Lots of candy and lots of fun.

No comments: