Thursday, June 01, 2006

Preschool graduation


Hannah's last day of preschool was today. They had a spring concert and graduation for the kids tonight. It was so cute. We could never get a good picture -- this one where no one is looking at the camera and she's wiping her nose was the best we got. I'm sure in a few years she'll love seeing that in the scrapbook! Anyway, I was so proud of her. They sang a whole bunch of songs and she was really into it. Granted, she inherited her rhythm from her parents -- she was always a step behind the music. I thought it was really funny, but I was so glad she was singing along because she will never sing her preschool songs for me at home. She tells me she needs Miss Sherrie to sing with her. Maybe now that I know what some of them are she will do it with me.

I had such mixed feelings tonight. I'm so proud of the little girl she is growing up to be, but this was such an eye-opener of just how much she is growing up. Graduating from preschool? How did she get that big? I've been really looking forward to Kindergarten next year, but I'm starting to get a little nervous about it. She is still too sweet to be off with a bunch of mean kids all day. Two different people said to me today how much she resembles her dad, and it is so true. She is his spitting image, but her personality mirrors him as well. She is so tenderhearted. She just makes me want to hug her!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

i bet hannah was adorable. good for her!

i mirror your "growing pains" exactly. i'm so proud of all elise is becoming & i'm looking forward to lots of neat things that she has yet to experience. but i can't bear to think that she might not always be this sweet little innocent little girl. and have i taught her everything she needs to know to face this great big world every day?