Monday, June 19, 2006

Random thoughts

We were riding in the car today and Nikki started making up her own little song. It was really funny hearing her sing out her train of thought. Her lyrics went something like this: "I want apple juice. I don't like water. I like apple juice and milk. Not water. I be good at the library. Where is daddy? I don't know. Daddy is at work. Where is Hannah? Hannah is right here. We are Hannah and Nikki." And this went on for about 10 minutes. I wish I could remember more of what she said. It was so random.

Speaking of random, this thought has nothing to do with what I was just writing about. I got a haircut on Saturday. That is always such a huge ordeal for me. I remember my mom saying that it really wasn't that bad that my dad lost his hair because he had bad hair anyway. What she never directly admitted was that I inherited his hair. Usually I never like a haircut until it has grown out for about two weeks, but this time I didn't come away on the verge of tears. The stylist straightened it with a flat iron thing (you can see how out of style I am since I don't even know what it is really called). I had never used one on my hair, and I was so surprised that she could actually get it completely straight! I have always just roundbrushed it, but I really liked it. Then she also did this anti-frizz treatment, so my curls are better too. So what a nice experience to actually be satisfied with a hair cut.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

elise was doing that random song thing the other day, too & cory & i cracked up at it. does nikki do it at the top of her lungs, too?

hair cuts are just weird things. i never get the cut i expected. its rare that i can't do something with it, but its never what i asked for. i'm glad yours turned out good. i think your hair is sooooooo pretty. i think, for me anyway, other people's hair always looks so much nicer and more glamorous and silkier or whatever. and it always seem like it takes much less effort for them. but that may not really be true. either way, hair is just a hassle!