Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Breakfast choices

Nikki is most definitely not a morning person. The only thing I can say about it is that I passed on more of my genes than just my curly hair. This morning she actually woke up pretty happy, but as soon as she got into the kitchen for breakfast, things went downhill. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: Would you like Frosted Flakes or oatmeal?
Nikki: I don't want cereal!
Me: Okay, what do you want?
Nikki: I don't know.
Are you hungry?
I want apple juice.
Ok, and what do you want to eat?
Lemonade.
You can't have lemonade for breakfast. How about some toast?
No!
Would you like some eggs?
(on the verge of tears) No! I don't want eggs! I'm hungry! I want a cookie!
If you're hungry you need to eat something good, not a cookie.
I want peanut butter crackers.
Fine.
(As I was bringing the peanut butter to the table) I don't want peanut butter. I want cereal!

Can you see me shaking my head?

1 comment:

Kristen said...

poor nikki. did she enjoy her cereal? elise does that sometimes, but her thing is to make sure she picks the opposite of what i suggest. its frustrating sometimes, but i'm glad she wants to do her own thing. ian, on the other hand, has a one-track mind. he would eat nothing but hot dogs if i gave him the chance. no matter how many times i've said, "no hotdogs for breakfast" he never ceases asking for them. oh well. he's persistant, at least. =)