Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Kitchen duty

5 ways to know when you have neglected your kitchen duties for too long:

1. The dishes in the sink fill up more than one load in the dishwasher, and the second load didn't finish them off either.

2. When sweeping under the table you need an industrial sized dust pan to get up all the crumbs.

3. The trash can is so full that you are afraid to touch it, and then when you do it takes another whole trash bag to pick up what fell off the top.

4. The only silverware left in the drawer are baby spoons -- and there's no baby in the house anymore.

5. The groceries you bought three days ago are still in the grocery bags.


Okay, so maybe there are a few small exaggerations here, but it's a pretty close picture to what my kitchen was like this morning. I can't believe I'm even admitting it. My mother would be shocked. And while I do have a couple of good excuses, I won't even attempt to explain them to make myself seem justified or pitiable because I can still hear my mom saying, "Excuses aren't good enough." Needless to say, I need to go finish up the dishes -- it'll take me until lunchtime and then I'll have more to do! AGHH!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

good luck. would you mind coming to my house when you're done? the last two days have been pretty hectic, so i've got several things that could use some tlc. =)

Susan said...

My mom used to have this little plaque hanging in the kitchen that said, "A man works from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done!" I think it's true that we all could use a little help at any time because there is always more to do! Although I must say that Nate helps me out a lot, so I can't completely agree with that little quote.