Thursday, February 22, 2007

Our new pets


Nikki's preschool class has been talking about pets for the past couple of weeks, and on Tuesday they talked about the responsibility of taking care of pets. She came home with a paper goldfish in a paper bowl with blue tissue paper around it for the water. She also had a little plastic bag with glitter in it which was the fish food. Hannah just had to have her own version, so with a couple of substitutes (green tissue paper was the closest I had and she used sprinkles instead of glitter) she made a fish, too. Nikki has diligently taken care of that fish for the past few days. I'm amazed that she even thinks about it because I never mention it to her, but she feeds him a sprinkle of glitter every morning and evening. I'm sure he would be overfed if he was real, but she just loves the fact that he is hers to take care of. I think it's so cute. I'm going to have to be careful or they just might wear me down one day and end up with a real pet.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

that would be right down cory's alley! he would love that kind of pet. we have a fish (a betta) that someone gave elise for her birthday almost 3 years ago. i had no idea they lived that long.

Susan said...

That's got to be ancient in fish years. I can guarantee if it lived with me, it wouldn't last that long. I have a hard enough time remembering if I fed my kids lunch!