Thursday, February 01, 2007

Snow!

Yesterday was a beautiful, chilly day with clear skies, but the forecast for today included a wintery mix of snow and ice, so yesterday afternoon the schools went ahead and delayed today's school for two hours. I thought that was kind of funny. We're definitely not in Utah anymore. It turns out that we did end up with some snow this morning. The kids were so excited. We went out and had such a fun time making a snowman and throwing snowballs at each other. Nikki & Hannah had pretty good aim. I even got a snowball smeared across my glasses! The snow turned to rain while we were out there, so we came in and had some yummy hot chocolate.


For the eyes of our snowman we used purple flower blossoms and for the mouth I took a sprig of the ivy growing in my flower pot. It's hard to believe that just a couple of weeks ago the flowers were blooming and the bees were out.

No comments: