Saturday, June 16, 2007

Shopping woes

So, my friend Julie is getting married in Utah in a couple of weeks and I get to go! I'm so excited, and I was even excited about shopping for a new dress. That is, I was excited until I started shopping. I think I hit every clothing store in Goldsboro. Her colors are lime green and eggplant, and I actually was looking forward to finding something lime green to wear. I found a pair of lime shoes for $5, then I found a shirt and jacket to go with a skirt I already have, and then I got a bracelet -- all at different stores. I wasn't very smart at all because I got home and none of the greens matched!! All that shopping took me a whole day and I had to return everything except the shoes were on clearance so I couldn't get a refund for them. I didn't think that would be a problem because I would just find something that matched the shoes. Whatever! After much ado, I finally found a sleeveless green dress that I could just wear a jacket over. I don't really like doing that, but I was getting down to the wire. My next problem -- I couldn't find a cute jacket or sweater to wear with it. So I went back out today and found the perfect white jacket in Belks, and wouldn't you know it came from the Tommy Hilfiger rack and cost $89!!! I was so disappointed. Would it be dishonest to buy it and then return it in a couple of weeks after the wedding? I considered it, but I refrained. I really do want to keep the dress. Anyway, I found a brown sweater in Target, and I think it matches. I would have preferred the white, but they only had XXL and I needed a medium. Now I remember why I don't go shopping and why my clothes are always out of style.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

oh, susan!!!! Sounds awful!!! I'm actually really good at shopping for clothes and finding bargains. A little too good, which is another problem all unto itself. =) I love Target's clearance rack, though. Many times I've thought I could just move into that store and live a happy life. =)

Hope you get the outfit stuff figured out. You're so cute that I'm sure it will look wonderful. Have fun at the wedding. Is this a family trip, or are you going solo?

Susan said...

I love Target, too. I'm just not that good at finding bargains. I guess it's because I never shop until I absolutely have to have something, so then nothing is on sale when I need it.

The outfit actually turned out okay. I wore it to church on Sunday and got several compliments on it. Maybe that was just because lime green is pretty noticable!

I'm the only one going to the wedding. I wish I could have a camera hidden in the mornings to watch Nate get the girls and himself ready before work. =) I'll only be gone 4 days, but I'm so excited about it. It will be a lot of fun.