Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sweet girls

Our girls are just so sweet. Here are some of the really sweet things they have said lately.

Tonight I was on my way out to church and Hannah said, "Mom, I love your hair." I straightened it today, so that was nice that she noticed. Then she said, "And I love your whole self, too."

In the car the other day Nikki was telling me that her best friends were her cousins Emma, Lexi, Lydia, and Eliza. And I asked her what about Hannah. Her response was, "Yeah, I love her. She's my best sister."

Every morning Nikki asks me what day it is and what we are going to do. If my list isn't good enough for her, she'll say, "Mommy, I want to play with you." I think that one is really sweet, but I must admit that when she says it to me several times throughout the day when she doesn't want to find something to do on her own, it gets a little old. I can only play Chutes and Ladders but so many times a day.

Hannah and Nikki wanted to buy a piggy bank recently, and I haven't been able to find anything cute and cheap whenever I remember to look in the stores. So we went on ebay and Hannah loved this little turtle bank we saw. Since there was only one of them, and Nikki didn't have much money, Hannah said she would buy it and give it to Nikki. She is always giving, which reminds me of how much she shared her treats from school with Nikki this year. She would get a treat almost every afternoon for good behavior and many times she would save her treats for several days either for a family party or to just share with Nikki. -- As a side note, we won the turtle bank but it broke in shipping. Sad, huh? Nate found some cute duck banks online as replacements that haven't arrived yet.

No comments: