Monday, October 05, 2009

On my mind

  • General Conference is always wonderful. Nate was gone over the weekend on a scout leadership training campout, so he missed all but the last 45 minutes of the last session. I'm looking forward to watching it over again with him in the evenings. Elder Bednar, Elder Holland, President Monson's talk Sunday morning, Elder Scott, the one that talked about heart surgery (I don't remember his name) -- and there were more that really stood out to me. I was just praying Saturday morning about recognizing the Spirit more easily and then Elder Scott was the very first speaker who spoke about exactly that. Such a great weekend.
  • Everyone in our family has now come down with our miserable cold/virus/?. Being able to sniff is really a great skill. I can't wait until Ryan learns how to do it rather than let it just run down into his mouth.
  • Today's weather makes me want to curl up on the couch with a good book and a nice bowl of soup and homemade bread. I guess that means today would be a great day to hit Panera Bread. :)
  • My oven has a light inside but no window through the door. I think that is incredibly stupid.
  • Does anybody else like paying bills? It gives me a sense of security to get it done and know that it is all taken care of.
  • Last night as I was falling asleep I realized that Christmas is coming and I want to go ahead and get all presents taken care of now. Nate and I have talked about making this a homemade Christmas. We've never gone too crazy and gotten loads of presents for the kids, but it always seems like we end up with more than we had originally planned. I wonder what the girls would think if all the presents were just service or things we make for each other? Actually, I know what they'd think. Hannah would be so excited and Nikki would be so disappointed.
  • Ryan lost our cordless mouse yesterday. He has also lost the memory card reader that we use to download the pictures off of our camera since I dropped the camera one too many times, and it won't connect directly to the computer. We watched conference on the internet and he turned the computer off three times while we were watching it. He's a mess. I guess it's my fault because I'm the one that's supposed to be supervising him.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Loved all the thoughts! Yes, Conference was AMAZING! I've started just putting one on in the morning for the kids & I to watch.

I wonder if the kids will understand that the kitchen is there Christmas present since we're spending all our money on that!?

As for the disappearing house items, check the trash & the fridge....by the way, it's impossible to hear a cell phone on vibrate in the fridge.

As for bills, I just discovered bill pay through my bank & I like that much better!

As for a good book, have you read "Three cups of Tea?" I've heard great things about it. It's on my list.

Wow, my comment was almost as long as a post!? Sorry!