Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Stinker

So, I notice that Ryan is hanging out in the pantry and being rather quiet. Oh, please tell me he didn't find what I think he found. Of course, as I walk over to him he turns around with gooey ant bait all over his hands with a few upset ants running around his feet wondering where lunch went. Come on, that was in the very back corner strategically placed to be where he wouldn't see it but the ants would. Okay, at least it's not on his mouth. I wash him up, place him on the floor and go to wash up the mess where the ant Terro was on the floor in the pantry. When I finish I turn around and notice him once again playing rather quietly on the floor with his back to me. Now he has one of the girls' tubes of lip gloss, and I guess it's good to know that now he can get it open. I run grab a wipe to clean off his hands and he proceeds to run to the door and wipe them off himself. Today he also learned how to climb onto our kitchen table chairs.

I'm just blown away that this is my child. I feel like maybe I have now on my third kid really entered motherhood. Why didn't I appreciate Hannah's toddlerhood while it lasted? I just didn't know how lucky I was. Or how merciful Heavenly Father is. Ryan and I wouldn't have survived together if he had come first.

13 comments:

Kim said...

BOYS!!! It's a whole 'nother world!!! ...and I'm having another one???

Eileen and Chuck said...

Kim summed up my thoughts in one word: BOY!! Now do you have a little more compassion for Brigette?!? It's okay--they are GREAT fun in the 22-37-yr old range!

Kellee said...

Agree with all above! Welcome to the world of boys! But they do get easier. I promise!!! I thought Luke would be the death of me, but now is so sweet and good. He's still very active and still gets into mischief, but understands more now that he's older and it's not so bad now. I think Luke was easier to manage around age 3 so hang in there and keep your record of these things. They're funny later :)

Kristen said...

I couldn't agree more!!! Boys are totally different. But, I have to say, there couldn't be a child who loves his mama anymore than that little boy of mine does me. So for all his crazy destruction, I get a lot of hugs, kisses and snuggles in return. :) Good luck with yours!!!

Brigette Little said...

I was about to wecome you to the world of boys when I saw all the comments. I laughed so hard! My advice - play outside as much as possible! Wear him out with lots of fun, and enjoy him. Boys are crazy, but they are so sweet.

Brigette Little said...

One more thing - keep anything breakable or precious 5 feet up or higher and outlaw all balls in the house.

Kim said...

I had to come back & read the other comments...too funny!

Susan said...

I love all of your comments! He is a loving, sweet, happy boy. I actually think he is also pretty well behaved. Many times he will look at something he wants to get into and start jabbering away while looking at me and pointing to it. I'm so grateful for those few seconds to stop him. And he does LOVE being outside. Temperature doesn't matter to him!

I've started thinking about how in the world to decorate a Christmas tree this year. Any tips?

julie said...

I suggest a tree with just lights. Or you can just decorate the top 2/3 of the tree. Little boys are great.

Kellee said...

We've always done the top half decorated only. Joe's mom used to put their smaller tree in a play pin or in a bay window up higher. Our tree is always too big for that. If anything, I always keep the glass balls up high. Good luck with that!

JW and Alli said...

Jay was 14 mos old at Christmas - I don't remember what we did. I know we decorated our tree, we did not put a gate or anything around it, I think I just told him no and meant it. Maybe the girls helped me be on the lookout? He could surprise you and not be interested?! Maybe...cross your fingers. :)

Brigette Little said...

Just put anything glass up high and don't stress if everything else gets moved. One year be baked gingerbread men and hung them all over the tree. A few weeks later, we had gingerbread heads hanging on the lower 1/3 of the tree! Cameron had eaten all of their bodies.

Kim said...

Miss your posts! Hope all is well.