Friday, July 30, 2010

Beautiful...

 What? You don't think so? Well, I agree that the mess on the table is not attractive, and the chandelier really can't be passed off as pretty. But, the only way you could not think this is a beautiful sight would be if you hadn't been staring at this for the last five months:


I just can't believe that even twenty years ago large orange pears and blue cherries were ever attractive. I finally got this wallpaper off today. Wallpaper is no joke. I've never removed wallpaper before. I don't really know what the walls should look like when you're done stripping the wallpaper off, but my guess is that you would hope for a better outcome than I got. I don't know that I could have done a better job, though. I was trying not to peel all the way down to the drywall, but oh well. It felt so good to get that done! Thank goodness there are only two more small bathrooms with wallpaper in this house.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I've only stripped wallpaper one time & that was enough to make me know I would NEVER put up wallpaper no matter how popular it became! What color are you painting? It looks better even if you leave it just like it is! What a pretty nook! I love your kitchen table!

Chris and Molly said...

WOAH Susan, that "before" picture was making me dizzy, you did a GREAT job! It looks so good now!!!

julie said...

You are amazing. Wall paper is a bear. I LOVE the breakfast nook. It is going to be an eating haven when you are done. By-the-way, I don't know how you move so much. It is not my favorite thing and you are my hero for doing it so often.

Susan said...

Julie, You just do what you have to do. It's not my favorite thing either, but it is nice to get rid of a bunch of junk when you move.