Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fresh Corn!

I took the kids to Farmer's Market a bit ago, and it was so fun. There are local farmers from all over that come and sell their produce, and it is just neat to walk around and see. The free samples aren't bad either. But I stopped to buy some watermelon at one booth, and I read all on the top row of their sign, "12 ears of corn....$5 Big Bag." So, I told the girl I wanted the big bag of corn. I didn't even look at my receipt as I signed it. Then I got to looking at the sign again and realized it was split into two columns. So, it really said,
"Big Bag, 65 ears, $20." Oh. Whoops. Good thing we like corn around here because we got the BIG BAG. The girls were great workers and shucked the whole bag! They even had fun doing it.

2 comments:

Kellee said...

Yes! Our corn is growing in our garden and I salivate looking at it! We more than doubled what we planted last year of it. Enjoy!

Kristen said...

Oh that is so funny!!! We love the Farmer's Market too. I got suckered into corn once too. I had gone "just" for watermelon and came home with the big bag too. :) Only I knew how big it was, but they had given me a sample and I couldn't resist.