Monday, December 13, 2010

Pre-gingerbread houses...



Decorating a gingerbread house is one of my favorite traditions at Christmas-time. Nikki decorated one at school last week made out of graham crackers, and Hannah asked if we could do that for a school activity, too. Of course, but she couldn't wait through the weekend until the next school day. So, on Saturday Nikki got to make her second one this year, and this doesn't count as a real gingerbread house to me. I still plan on making a gingerbread house (not a graham cracker house) before Christmas gets here. For some reason, I don't think the girls have a problem with that. Ryan didn't care about putting the house together, he just wanted the candy!

2 comments:

julie said...

do you make the gingerbread yourself? I just buy the package.

Susan said...

Well, last year I made everything homemade, and I did really like how the gingerbread house turned out. However, if next week is anything like this week I'll be searching for a box.