Saturday, December 18, 2010

These kids make me laugh

Yesterday morning I asked Hannah if she had completed her morning jobs. She said she had. "Did you do your hair?" (It was clear to me that she hadn't.) She gave a weak kind of yes. "Did you brush it?" She gave this huge sigh and said with disgust, "I have to brush it every day!"

Yesterday I told Ryan to come lay down so I could change his diaper, but he said, "Daddy did it!" Sweetheart, your daddy has been gone for five days. Once a week just doesn't cut it for diaper changes.

Nikki asked me one day this week if I would crochet a little kite for Hannah's Christmas present from her. Umm, okay, I told her I would see what I could do. A little later she came and whispered in my ear that when I was finished I should just go put it in the orange gift bag under the tree that said To: Hannah, From: Nikki.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Okay, those made me laugh, too. :) I love Hannah'd comment. It reminds me of when Ian was taking a shower. I asked him if he'd washed his hair. He said, "Yes." So I followed up by asking if he'd used shampoo. And he responded, "Oh dang it. I forgot that part." You know, I'm not sure what he thinks "wash" entails. :)

Gotta love those kids, and yours are so cute! Merry Christmas, you guys! :)

Kellee said...

Those are really funny!

julie said...

That is hilarious! Good thing I can't understand everything Ammon says right now!

Kim said...

Too funny! It's so good you wrote those down. I wish I had written more of Jayden's funnies as a little person. I thought I'd never forget them.