Sunday, January 23, 2011

Did it!

So, we did some work in the living room this past couple of weeks. Here are some before and afters.
I couldn't find a good before picture of  this side of the living room, but you can see it a little bit in this ghost party picture from last Halloween.

We still have more to do, but I'm happy with what we've done so far. I haven't done anything with those cords beside the fireplace yet, and I think I'll get curtains sometime soon. Then, one day we have work to do on the ceiling and I can't wait for hardwood floors. I also think it would be great to hide the brick on the fireplace with either stone, or just sheetrock over it and put in a nice mantlepiece.

Next week it's on to repainting the kitchen....

6 comments:

julie said...

I LOVE it! Love the color. Love that you painted the brick. love the color of the brick. Love the windows. Love it all!

Kellee said...

Wow! That looks awesome! It looks so warm and cozy.

Kristen said...

That looks awesome and then some! :) What color did you use? I think that's the shade I want to do my bedroom...

Kim said...

Susan, it looks AMAZING!!...and no, I still haven't painted my bedroom yet...

JW and Alli said...

Looks great Susan! Did you use Sherrie's color?

Susan said...

Instead of Sherrie's color I just took the can of paint I had from the fireplace to the store and tried to find something that would match that. Colors are so hard for me! Kristen, I'm looking for my paint chip, and then I'll be able to tell you what the name of the color is! :)