Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Couple of Months in Pictures

First of all, today is April 30th. Fifteen years have passed by since Mom and Dad have been gone. However, it is the April 30th of fourteen years ago when our family was sealed in the temple that makes this a sweet and tender day for me. I'm glad this anniversary is in the spring when all things are growing and becoming beautiful again. It's a wonderful reminder to me that death is not the end. There are beautiful days with amazing blessings to come.

So, on to the pictures that I have procrastinated posting for the last couple of months.

 On Sunday, Mike & Sherrie came over for dinner after church. Lydia and Hannah were going to hide the eggs for the littler kids to have an egg hunt, but Hannah didn't want to go outside. She was afraid of the bugs, and I do have to say that we have A LOT of bugs here. So, we all remembered this picture of my dad getting ready to cut the grass, and advised her to take the same approach. She quickly agreed and had a great time hiding the eggs!
 
 We were getting things ready for dinner, and I turned around to see these two cuties up on the counter ready to cause trouble help.

I didn't get a picture of baby Ainsley drinking Julie's salsa, but I wish I did. Julie, I made your fresh salsa recipe and she LOVED it. So did the rest of us, but I got a good kick out of seeing her immerse herself in the bowl!

 I didn't get many pictures of Easter, but here at least is proof that we did dye some eggs.

 We have the coolest children's museum in Raleigh called Marbles. Spring break was last week, so the kids and I headed there one day. They had so much fun, and I did too!

 In March, we took Hannah and Ryan on a field trip to a farm to see all the animals. Ryan could have stayed and played with the chicks all day. He loved it.

 We also took a field trip with a homeschool group to a roller skating rink. Nikki happened to have school off that day and got to come. We were all pretty wobbly, but at the end of the day everyone wanted to go again.
The poor man's recliner. This is Nate watching the NCAA tournament sitting on the girls' beanbags. It actually is pretty comfortable. It gave us a good laugh.

7 comments:

JW and Alli said...

I want that Salsa recipe!! I love fresh salsa but JW doesn't like the recipe I have. What a great update with fun pics! It didn't surprise me to see Nate with pink and purple bean bags - I've seem him with jewelry and princess items on before. :) He's such a great sport!

Kellee said...

Yeah! An update! Glad you're surviving. I want that recipe too, if you don't mind :)

Kristen said...

Love your updates! :) I've missed you!

Amy M said...

15 years? It's hard to believe that it happened so long ago. I'm so glad your family made a happy memory together on that day, too.

Kellee said...

Can you believe this is the very 1st year we didn't do ANYTHING? We were so busy! We didn't release balloons or even sit and talk about them. We talk about them all year but I hope they didn't think we forgot about them.

Kim said...

I thought about you all on the 30th. It was hard to believe it's been 15 years.

Love all the fun pics! And I love Hannah's Bob-like qualities!

julie said...

The pictures of your parents are some of my favorites of them! I miss them too. I am SUPER happy the salsa recipe went over so well. I have to give the credit to a mission family of mine.