Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Umm, what should this title be?

Wow, I really only made one post in March, and here we are well into April. I do have some pictures that I have been planning on posting, but I never seem to get around to it. And I'm not going to do it tonight either.

I guess there are a few things that have been keeping me too occupied to blog. For one, I am trying to accept the fact that I'm going to homeschool Nikki next year. I could spend a long time writing about that one, but I don't have the energy for it tonight. What it comes down to is that it will be really good for our family, and when I can get over my selfishness and complete my grieving process, I will be really grateful for the wonderful opportunity this will be. I get excited about it when I think about actually getting into the material we'll study, and then I get really scared and freaked out when I think about what my life is really going to be like.

#2 big life upheaval in the mix: Nate is contemplating a career change. While we are pretty sure he has avoided the current lay-offs in his office, there still is not much work coming to their department in the foreseeable future. His career path is also evolving more and more into the need for computer programming skills, and he has hated that since the first week he ever took a programming class at BYU. So, he is thinking about going into accounting. Right now he is studying to take the GMAT, which is required for the graduate accounting program at UNC. Although, it is really neat to be sitting in Raleigh, NC where there are so many good educational opportunities around us. We'll see how it all works out. Wouldn't it be great if he went to UNC, though?

So, lots of change, but it's really lots of good change. Wait, isn't that the story of my life? I guess since we aren't planning on moving this year something else big had to happen. I think I have made it sound quite dismal, but that might just be because it's getting late for me. I should have waited until the morning to write something on the blog, but I don't have time to sit down in the mornings!

2 comments:

Kellee said...

I've been thinking about you! Glad you're hanging in there. I figured that's why you haven't blogged. Let us know when the "grieving process" is over :) That was really funny!

julie said...

WOW. I can only understand to a certain degree. We might have to transfer schools and start the whole 5 years over again. It really is no big deal until I remember that I will be 40 when Phil finally finished school. Good luck and it really is great to know you are still alive and kicking.