Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Gingerbread, Cookies, Trains, and Monsters


 In recent years I have been making our own gingerbread house instead of buying the kit -- didn't happen this year. I decided last-minute that I really didn't want to worry about making it and then had to go to two stores to find this one because the first store was sold out, and I ended up with the last one on the shelf at the second store. And look, they're just as happy as with homemade! I just didn't care to eat any this year.


 I was out of food coloring, so this idea for melted snowmen cookies that Kellee sent me was perfect. I thought they were really funny.
 Ryan got a train table for Christmas. It is SO nice to have the trains off of my living room floor everyday! He also got a train whistle (that's what he's blowing in the picture), and I think these two presents could have satisfied him for Christmas. He has had so much fun.
The kiddos with some little monsters I made for them. I got a sewing machine for Christmas, but I gave it to myself a little early and made these with them. They are actually pajama eaters. I am so tired of hearing the kids say they don't have any clean pajamas, so when they get ready in the morning if their PJs just came out of the drawer the night before, they can stuff them in their pajama eater (his mouth is a zipper) to get back out at bedtime. They turned out to be really cute, and I had a lot of fun making them. I didn't get any more pictures of Christmas presents, but we had a really great day, and it was a beautiful Christmas season. We had the opportunity to serve a few families, and with the passing of David, we spent a lot of time contemplating the gift of our Savior.

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOVE the pj-eaters. Did you make that up or is there a pattern somewhere? I didn't get a sewing machine for Christmas, but I did finally dig mine out & use it. I need to keep it up! (and the melted snowman cookies are the best. Please post a recipe!)