Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Reindeer Romp -- Hannah's 5K

 The first weekend of December Hannah and Nate ran together in a 5K called the Reindeer Romp. It was really cold that morning! At least to me it was, I guess it was actually perfect for running. She had a great time. The kids got red noses painted on and spray hair color for fun.
 Ryan wasn't really into pictures that morning, but I did get this one with Hannah's reindeer antlers without him knowing.
 This is her Girls on the Run group. I didn't actually mean to upload the picture with their mouths all open from yelling their chant! Coach GG and Coach Shoshana did a really great job working with the girls. I think it is such a great program teaching girls good values and self-acceptance, as well as giving them the opportunity to feel successful as they complete the season with a 5K that everyone can participate in.
 This is Nate and Hannah as they were coming up on the finish line. She did such a great job keeping up with his long legs!
My friend got this cool shot of the clock as Nate was crossing the line. I ran with her in a 5K in April, and our time was about 46 minutes. This time with Nate running with her, you can see she shaved off quite a bit of time. It would help my pride to think that she has really improved over the year, and I know she has, but I'm afraid a lot of that time got knocked off because of her running buddy! Looks like I need to train some more. :)

We are so proud of her. She has done such a great job. She is getting too old for Girls on the Run, so I want to look into a track club around here. But, she decided first she wants to try out softball this spring. So, that will be a new adventure for us.

2 comments:

Kellee said...

That is AWESOME Hannah! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I loved softball as a girl. It was so much fun. Where do you find out about this stuff? I am so clueless, and some of these things sound so cool. It also looks like Cae will be joining your gym in january...