Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Softball

Hannah had her first two softball games last night and tonight. When I turned on my camera at the ball field last night, I found out I didn't have the memory card in it. Then, today I put it back in, got to the ballpark, and the camera wouldn't recognize the memory card. Ugh. So no pictures. I'm so amazed at how she can look so calm when I know she has got to be so nervous. I'm pretty sure she was shaking when it was her first turn up to bat, but I don't think anybody else would have known. After the game last night, she said that she understood how the game is played a lot better now! I was a little dumbfounded by that, and I felt kind of like we had just thrown her to the wolves. I just didn't know she didn't know how to play! Anyway, I'm proud of her for trying something new.

5 comments:

JW and Alli said...

You are cracking me up w/ camera issues! Tell Hannah I'm cheering her on, maybe we can come up and see a game sometime!

Kellee said...

I LOVE softball! And the camera thing... when at first you don't succeed, try, try, again :) I don't know why that popped into my head. lol

Kristen said...

Ian and Merry Grace are both playing this year, so maybe we'll see you guys out at the ball field one night! :) We'd love to cheer Hannah on, too! :)

julie said...

That is just funny! Congrats to you, Hannah, for just going for it. oh cameras...

Kim said...

My camera died...not a battery issue, but won't focus. Oh joy.

Sounds like the wolves didn't eat her up. I think that's how we learn most things in life is when we're 'up to bat.' Way to go Hannah!