Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ryan's birthday

 Spencer, Lexi, and Ryan all have birthdays within a week of each other in August, so we had a combined birthday with them that was great. Good family + good food = good times. It was so good to have Jill and Eric and Luke come join the party. I made an ice cream sandwich cake, which I think was my favorite cake that I have ever made because it took about 5 minutes. Then I tried to spell their names on top in M&Ms, which took 10 minutes and you couldn't hardly read it -- just in case you ever think about trying that it's not worth it.
 JW and Alli gave Ryan a shaving kit for his birthday. It is so cute! And it is nice that he is actually excited to go upstairs and get ready for bed when he gets to shave.



And since I couldn't convince him that he wanted an ice cream sandwich cake, on his actual birthday I did what I could to give him a Thomas cake. He was expecting something quite more elaborate, but the great thing about a 4-year-old is that he was excited to drive Percy and Thomas around the graham cracker tracks and didn't notice that I took the easy way out on this cake. Happy birthday sweet boy!

6 comments:

Kellee said...

I love the shaving kit! So cute! Cute kid too.

Kristen said...

The shaving kit is adorable. :) Happy Birthday, Ryan! :)

JW and Alli said...

Loved all the new posts and pictures!

julie said...

I can't believe how grown up he looks. Happy Birthday, Ryan!

Kim said...

My boys would LOVE the shaving kit! And I always like stealing your cake ideas. I think I'll try the Thomas one. Looks easy and oh so cute!

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable! I miss you Susan!!!