Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Florida

Last week we took a family vacation to Florida. We had a great time and came home quite exhausted. We spent three days at Disney World, and after a couple of days Hannah asked me why we have never gone to an amusement park before. Umm, sorry! Doesn't the fair count? But the kids are big enough to ride the rides now, and the girls had a great time on the roller coasters, which surprised me (except Nikki hated the Tower of Terror).

Anyway, we started the week with plans for the beach, but maybe we're spoiled living so close to the Outer Banks. I told Nate that we now have to take a trip to the Caribbean and Hawaii before I can officially say that North Carolina has my favorite beaches. I'm sure not all beaches in Florida are dirty with waves that remind me of the sound, but the beach we went to did. I think it's great that kids can have fun anywhere, and they still had a great time anyway.



So, instead of heading to the beach for another day, the kids wanted to just play in the pool at the hotel, which was great.


2 comments:

Kim said...

I miss the beach.

Kellee said...

I've missed it so much after living in UT for 15 years, that I even love the Gulf of Mexico! So warm! Just not big waves, but the water IS awesome!