Friday, November 16, 2012

Funnies

A couple of weeks ago Ryan was watching Mary Poppins, and Hannah mentioned at dinnertime that she didn't understand one of the jokes on the movie. It goes something like this: A friend of mine ran over his neighbor's cat the other day. He knocked on her door and said, "I'm really sorry about your cat. I would like to replace it." "That's fine," she said, "but how are you at catching mice?"
As I was explaining it to Hannah, all of a sudden the lights came on in Nate's eyes. He had never gotten it before, either!

One night Nate and I got home to find a note on the counter from the girls with a lollipop wrapped in aluminum foil beside it. It read: For Mom or Dad, We thought since we didn't like this succor that you might. Caution: it has already been sucked on but only by us, don't worry. Love, Hannah and Nikki P.S. It's banana flavored. Rotten banana!

3 comments:

Kellee said...

LOL! Are the kids calling you guys succors? That's funny! Glad Nate finally got to figure out the joke too :)

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness! I actually laughed out loud about that note. :) Aren't kids awesome?

Also, your lesson yesterday was wonderful. It was just what I needed to get in a more grateful frame of mind. Thanks!

JW and Alli said...

BWAH HA HA HA!
:)
Emma

P.S. I like a good laugh.