Friday, November 16, 2012

Finishing October

Okay, so I'm finally posting the last of our October pictures.

 Pasta skeletons

 Window paint

 Orange jack-o-lanterns

 Spooky glowing eyes to place in the bushes at night

 Ryan and Hannah with some of his super-hero friends at the church trunk-or-treat party. Hannah was a mermaid this night.

 Painting pumpkins at the local grocery store

 Miracles do happen! Hannah was excited to go play in our backyard! She is always afraid of spiders and ticks, so she doesn't even like going on our back porch. But when I told her it was too cold for ticks anymore, the idea of raking a maze through the leaves in the backyard was too much for her to resist. Here they are posing at the finish line. 

 Carving pumpkins -- I wasn't home when Nate initiated this activity and looking at this picture of my girls with those huge knives makes me kind of glad I wasn't there.

 Halloween dinner -- Ghost Shepherd's pie with Apple/marshmallow teeth

And finally, getting ready for trick-or-treating on Halloween. Nikki missed the church party a few days earlier because she and I went to Charlotte to see the US Olympic gymnastics teams perform -- amazing! But here she is as Dorothy, Ryan opted for Superman this time, and Hannah decided to go back to her tried and true witch costume. The mermaid scales were hard to walk in, but I think this is funny because the witch's dress would probably fit a 4-year-old and she just uses it as a shirt now.

So, we ended up with tons of candy and lots of activities accomplished through October. Whew!

1 comment:

Kellee said...

Awesome fun! You do so many fun things for the kids. I'm a boring mom.