Monday, July 08, 2013

First of many pictures

I uploaded the pictures from my camera last night, and it was a bit overwhelming. I'll see what I can do to post a few of them.

This picture is from about a month ago. She sure found a great place to relax.

We had a baby shower at our house for a friend from church. I had so much fun making this diaper motorcycle for her. Ryan had fun with it, too!

Little Lucy. She deserves her own post, but this will have to do for today. A family at church had a litter of puppies they were giving away. Nate and I had been talking about getting a puppy for Ryan to have as a playmate. He was so disappointed when Natalie arrived too little to play. So we got Lucy, and she was a really sweet girl. However, we took her to the vet for her shots and a check-up and found that she had a severe heart murmur. I had noticed that she seemed to tire easily, sometimes she would even end up laying down outside when I took her out to go potty. But, I don't know how much a puppy is supposed to sleep. Hannah was with me at the vet when we got the news, and she was heartbroken. Unfortunately, I'm not the type to spend more on doctor's appointments for my animals than my children, so a visit to the NC State cardiologist wasn't really feasible for me. Ryan still asks when we are going to get another puppy. Nate has decided it's not going to be any time soon. Next time I'm going to tell Ryan to ask his dad, not me.

1 comment:

Kellee said...

Awww! So sad! Poor Ryan. I wouldn't have spent the money either.