Friday, July 26, 2013

Dod boarding

Nate signed us up on a dog boarding website to host dogs while their families are away. I'm trying to decide this is a good idea. It does sound nice to have someone pay us to keep their dog rather than for us paying to get a dog. The kids like dogs, and I think Nate was thinking this would be a good way for them to earn a little money. Well, too bad. The money is going in MY pocket. They may play with them, and I'm sure Nate would take care of them if he was home, but it turns out that this is my second job (or is it third or fourth?).

Anyway, we have our first dog over the weekend. Jessie just came this morning, and she is a sweet girl. She's a coon hound, I think? She's just big and sheds a lot! Nate had already been planning on taking the big kids camping tonight, and I am really fine being left with my little one and a dog. Neither one of whom can talk to me! I'm actually happy to have a big dog sleeping in a crate downstairs while Nate is gone. See, I can talk myself into liking this.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I actually think this is a BRILLIANT idea. This might be something we could get on board with. ;)

Kim said...

Really great idea! I wish I'd known about that 2yrs ago!

Anonymous said...

I miss you so much Susan!!

Erin