Sunday, May 21, 2006

Happiness is ...

Nate and I left the girls with my brother and headed for the beach this weekend. What a nice getaway! It was a good chance to just sit back, enjoy the beautiful sound of the waves crashing, and realize what a good life we have. The sound of waves on the beach was so heavenly to me, and it got me thinking about different things that make me happy. Here are a few.

the beach (obviously)
empty laundry baskets
singing in the car
my purple petunias
taking a nap with Nikki
Hannah's presents (she loves to share anything that is given to her or that she makes)
going to church
cookies 'n cream ice cream
watching old family videos
beating Nate on our Playstation racing game
shoe shopping
playing the piano
a good book
a good hair day (at least I would be happy if one came along!)
sunrise
watching the painter with the afro on PBS who paints "happy trees" (it always makes me think of Dad painting)
going out to eat
getting mail (not bills or junk)
painting my toenails
a good tan
cooking with the girls
family night
a clean car
Nate doing dishes
bedtime

3 comments:

Kristen said...

AMEN! i loved your list. so many of them are happiness for me too. its really the litle things, most of the time, isn't it?

i'm very envious of your beach trip. i wish i had been there!!!!!

Kristen said...

i meant to say that i was envious of the beach trip in general, and envious of a weekend "getaway". how fun!

myranda said she saw you the other night. she thought that was really cool. =)

Susan said...

It was so fun to see Myranda and her mom and sister. What a small world to run into them again. They all looked really good, and it was fun to catch up with them.