Thursday, October 04, 2007

Glasses


Hannah went to the eye doctor today. A couple of weeks ago I got a note from the school nurse saying that Hannah had not passed her eye screening. Her teacher told me she sits very close to the front and has trouble seeing the board. I was feeling like a lousy parent for not noticing she was having a problem, but the doctor told me today that she has probably only needed glasses for a few months. That made me feel better. I tried to show her some pictures of when I was little and got glasses, but that was a BIG mistake. My first glasses were these hideous gargantuan stop-sign glasses. Hannah told me yesterday that she was not afraid of going to the doctor, but she was afraid that her glasses would look weird. She was pleasantly surprised when they had some cute pink frames that didn't cover her whole face. I think she looks cute, but it keeps taking me by surprise every time I look at her.

2 comments:

Kellee said...

You look great Hannah! Don't feel bad, Susan. We didn't know Chris needed glasses until he was in school too. They don't look so far away at home like they have to at the chalkboard or overhead. Karoline actually has glasses too but she doesn't need hers unless she is sitting at the back of the class.

Kristen said...

She looks SO cute!!!! It makes her look more grown up, somehow. I hope she gets used to them with no problems. Good luck, Hannah!