Thursday, October 11, 2007

Odds and ends

My sister sent this link of a mother's version of the William Tell Overture to me and I thought it was so funny. Our internet filter actually blocks Youtube, but this was worth overriding it for a few minutes.

I wanted to sign Hannah up for a Brownie Girl Scout Troop, but there weren't enough parent volunteers to get a group started in our part of the county, so I get to be a troop leader. I just jumped in and said sure I'll do it, but now I'm getting nervous. I would so much prefer just to be an assistant leader, but I guess everyone else feels that way, too. I get to go to training next week, and I'm sure I'll be more excited about it after that. I think this will be really good for Hannah, and I know it will be a lot of fun being with the girls.

The other day Nikki had been grumpy all day, and I was just tired of it. I just wrote a stinking paper on how to get your kids to stop whining, but she doesn't appreciate that fact. I keep trying to figure out what I'm doing to perpetuate it. I'm sure there are a lot of things. So, at dinner I asked what I could do to help her be happier and stop complaining so much. Her response: "You can just give me everything I want right when I ask for it." Well, in a way, she's right. I might complain less if I got my way all the time, too. I just need to get her to understand that that would turn her into a monster. I was so proud of Hannah when she popped in and said, "Nikki, you can't get what you want all the time." Maybe Hannah will be able to reach her better than I can.

Choir practice started up again last night after a break of a couple of weeks. I think it went pretty well. I still feel out of place up there, and I'm actually kind of glad everyone had their nose stuck in the music rather than looking up because I'm really not coordinated enough to sing and listen to the choir and wave my arm in the right pattern all at the same time. That's alright because I'm being stretched out of my comfort zone.

1 comment:

JW and Alli said...

Girl Scouts - Wow! You better really start praying that your house will sale now! :) Let me know when you are selling GS cookies. I'd love to buy some!