Sunday, April 05, 2009

Recommitted

So I had to delete my last post. I was whining, and I'm going to do a better job being of good cheer. When I'm tempted to groan I'm going to try to follow the counsel to laugh instead. I love General Conference and I can't wait to watch and listen and read the talks again. I'm supposed to be speaking in church next Sunday, which of course is Easter, and I thought that all I have to do is just print off a copy of Elder Holland's talk today and pass it out and sit down, and everyone will be very edified. Okay, so I guess I'll have to do a little more than that. But, I really enjoyed conference, and I thought overall the kids did a pretty good job handling 8 hours of church in one weekend. I'm so grateful to have conference every six months to get the rejuvenation and recommitment I need to keep going for the next six months.

2 comments:

Kellee said...

I didn't think your last post you deleted was bad. I understood your situation perfectly! But I'm a whiner, so...

We loved conference too. Elder Holland's talk was AMAZING! I'd never heard about Christs' last moments like that. Good luck with your talk next week...glad it's not me!

Kristen said...

I think we all have to whine now and again. Or at least I do. :) I did like the counsel to laugh instead of groan, though. Conference was wonderful and I'm looking forward to going through it again and picking up the nuggets I missed when the kids were rowdy. Overall, I though they did ok. :)