Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Beginning projects

So, now you can see just how beautiful our house really is. :) It came with a few surprises, this being one of the first:
  

And this is one of my first projects. I had to recaulk this tub, so we could have a place to shower while I fix the grout in our master shower. I was glad I took the before picture because when I was done it didn't look all that much better to me, but beside the old picture it does.

And I can't tell you how proud of Nate I was with this one. The old appliances in the kitchen didn't work, so he replaced the dishwasher and added in the microwave over the stove. And he stayed mostly calm through the whole process!!

As you can see with our lovely wallpaper, we have much more to do!

And Happy St. Patrick's Day! Those crazy leprechauns forgot to come to our house this year. Maybe they knew it was already messy enough without the chaos they usually add. I did make green macaroni and cheese for supper, though. Very gross looking, but there weren't any leftovers. The kids loved it.

5 comments:

Kellee said...

I knew you'd do something fun today for the holiday! I totally forgot until too late :(

I love the pics of the house. So far, so good! What's the top picture? The garbage disposal?

Kristen said...

I meant to do something cute too. But I forgot. I remembered to wear green and dress all my kids in green, but that's as far as we got. :) At least we didn't get pinched! And I think the improvements are looking GREAT!

JW and Alli said...

Keep doing the before and after pics - you can really be proud of your work that way! Green mac and cheese - there's only one word to describe that...GROSS! Leprechauns visited our house, but ONLY because my five year old kept insisting that they were going to come. I had to do something not to dissapoint such a cute little boy!

Eileen and Chuck said...

Your hard work is REALLY showing--keep up the amazing work. It looks like a lovely home, just not kept up well. You sure are taking care of that! Good luck.

julie said...

How fun. I want to come help paint and tile and all that fun stuff! I guess I think it is fun because I don't have to do it right now. Good luck and I can't wait to see more pictures!