Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Here we are

Well, either blogger or my computer is having some issues, so we'll just have to forego pictures for the moment. I don't know if this one will post or not. We are in our house, and we are so grateful that we have made it through so much chaos. Alright, we don't have everything in order yet, but we are coming along and starting to get a few routines back.

We had new carpet installed upstairs yesterday, and it just feels SO MUCH BETTER!!! I can finally get a glimpse of the nice house that this will be. It's really going to work! We hadn't put any furniture up there because we were waiting for the carpet. The girls had just been sleeping on their mattresses on the floor, and they were so excited to get their beds back last night.

I can't wait to post some pictures of the handy work Nate has been doing. He has never claimed to be a handy-man, but maybe he will be one day after all. I think he is really enjoying it. Our home inspection report was rather lengthy -- we knew it would be -- but the inspector did include one problem that I think he could have left off: "There was an abnormal amount of spider activity in the crawlspace. This is for your information only." I really would have been okay without that information. I think Nate would have, too. He really doesn't want to go down there, and there is nothing encouraging I can say about it.

So, anyway, I'm back online now. My to-do list is pretty full, so chances are the blog will be neglected for a while, but our email and phone number haven't changed if you need to get in touch.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Susan, it's BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so excited to see pictures of the inside. May your many projects go quicker than mine have! And may all the abnormal spider activity DIE!! (gross!)

julie said...

You're home is so beautiful. I would suggest having someone come spray for the spiders. Some things are just worth the money! Congrats on your new home!

Kellee said...

I LOVE your house! It's a beautiful southern style. I was going to call you this weekend, but never got to it like everything else. I'll try again this weekend when I have free cell phone minutes.

Kristen said...

I love the house, the neighborhood is adorable and we're so excited you guys are nearby.

Spiders FREAK me out. I never want to know information like that.:)

Call me if you need help with anything!

BRANDON AND NICOLE said...

Wow, I am so jealous-your new home is awesome! In one of my old, old jobs, I used to do watercolor paintings of homes like yours! Good luck with getting settled and everything.

iluvhm said...

New House?? Susan, I'm so excited for you! How fun, minus the "abnormal amount of spider activity..." yeah, good luck with that, I'm with Julie on that one. So are you still in Falls Lake? Or is the new place in another ward?