Tuesday, March 02, 2010

We're Alive

What? Ryan is taking a nap for longer than 30 minutes? Wow, I'm enjoying it, and I'll take advantage of it to post the fact that we haven't fallen off the face of the earth. We might be close to it, but we're still here. :) Actually, things are going well. Ryan is struggling with all of the changes, mainly with trying to take his naps and go to sleep at night. The girls had their first day in their new school yesterday, and it went really well. Hannah said her teacher is more strict than her last one, and Nikki said she misses her old teacher, but they both had fun with the other kids at recess. Since we stayed in the same county the curriculum is mostly the same, which is really nice. I think Nikki's old class was actually a little farther along than this one, and Hannah had the same homework pages sent home yesterday that came home last Friday from our last school. Whew, at least we don't have to worry about them being behind academically. We still haven't closed on our house, but each day makes it one day closer. They are still making repairs to it, and hopefully that will be done soon. I'm not going to complain about the delay because it just means that we don't have to do those repairs ourselves!

7 comments:

Kellee said...

Wow! I've been wondering on the status of your house. I'm glad you don't have to do all that work too :) Don't forget to let us know when you move and send pictures!

julie said...

So you have moved. Congrats. Phil has applied to 20 different PHD programs across the US including UNC and NCSU. He has been accepted to NCSU but who knows where we will end up. It would be fun to be neighbors again!

Kim said...

Hurray for naps! (but only 30 minutes?) I got 1 1/2hrs myself today. Yep, you can call me lazy! I'm glad the adjustment it going well. I wish you were adjusting to new life in Utah.....yeah, I can dream, right?! I'm also dreaming of having this baby, but that's not happening either!?!

Susan said...

It's too bad Phil's so smart he will probably be accepted to all of those programs he applied to -- that makes my chances of you actually coming here less. But that is exciting that he was accepted to State! Come on, we'll forgive you for wearing red!

And Kim, you deserve a nap more than I do. I think I'll take a week in a hotel over being a week overdue. That's not being lazy, that's hard work! Got any castor oil? :) Just kidding. Hope he comes soon!

Kristen said...

Susan!!! I've been wondering how things were going! Elise said she saw Hannah and Nikki at lunch yesterday so I figured they must have started this week. How is it going with the waiting? Are you stir crazy yet? Would you guys like to come over one night for dinner, since you're just right down the road? We'd love to have you guys, if you'll tell me a good night, you're on. :) Or during the day, if you just want to get out. Thanks for the update. Can't tell you how excited we are that you're moving so close. :)

Susan said...

Thanks, Kristen. We would love to come over one night. I don't have your email in my address book online, so just send me an email of sometime that would work for you. We're pretty open. Our days have been okay so far. Today I'm going to look for carpet, and tomorrow Ryan has a doctor's appointment, so we're getting out and about. I'll have to have the girls look for Elise at school today. See you soon!

Chris and Molly said...

Susan, oh no, don't tell me you are having nap troubles too? Bella is taking various cat naps during the day, 30-45 minutes, and it makes for a l-o-n-g day sometimes, she is sleeping pretty good at night, at least I don't feel like a zombie much anymore, well there are those days, so i guess they just keep growing and changing? she was taking 2 hour naps but all of the sudden she is wide awake after 45 min. of sleep sometimes only 30 . . . whew, well, I am just glad she is gaining weight and healthy!