Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My first Project Life attempt

I saw this great idea called Project Life. It's a scrapbooking kit that you can get to document all the little things that happen in your life each week. It looks like a scrapbooking idea that I could do, but it's also expensive. And I'm not sure I would keep up with it (I intended to make this post on Sunday and here it is Tuesday!), so I thought maybe I'll try doing it on my blog for a while. If I still like it, maybe I'll give something like that a try next year. So, here are a few bits of our life from last week.
I asked Hannah to get Ryan's swimsuit on while I got dressed myself before going to the pool. It's not as easy as you might think.
 Swimming at the pool. I can't believe this is the middle of July, and these are the first pool pictures I've taken. We LOVE our pool. There is hardly ever anyone there when we go, so it's really fun to invite some friends over and have pretty much the whole thing to ourselves!

I have done a terrible job keeping up with making bread this summer, so I have made a lot of muffins on the mornings we are planning to head to the pool. They work great for breakfast, snack, and lunch! I know, that's really sad, but they don't complain.
 Isn't he SO cute?!
 With our friends, the Barnetts.
 Nikki finds a way to fit in a little gymnastics in just about anything she does.
 Wow, they are playing together without fighting! Just had to mention that for history's sake.

We have s'mores (cooked in the microwave) for our family night treat quite often, but last night instead of chocolate chips we used Nutella. Yes, we all had seconds!
The mess on the floor in the background is noteworthy, too. I got my sink and toilet installed yesterday. The toilet works, and the sink leaks. For a normal person, the job may have taken an hour. For me, well the only plumbing work I have ever done is to replace the flushing mechanism in a toilet (which started to leak again, JW), so the job included several runs to Home Depot. Actually, after I was there the third time and the workers started recognizing me, I went to Lowe's for my next trip. Anyway, it took me most of the day, AND IT LEAKS!! At least it looks nice -- while the rest of my house has exploded from my neglect.
 Here is my hero. Without her help, I never could have made all of my trips to the store. She is such a trooper and stayed home with Ryan and Nikki when I am sure she had better things to do than watch Thomas the Train with Ryan.

Hopefully it won't take until my next weekly report to get pictures of my new bathroom taken. I'm going to paint the mirror today, and then maybe I'll ask JW to fix my sink next week. I'm done with it. My kids need their mother back.

2 comments:

julie said...

I can't believe you even attempted the plumbing. I can't WAIT to see the pictures. Even if it does leak.

Kristen said...

I love the pictures!

I'm even impressed with the leaky sink. Its more than I could do. :) Hannah reminds me of Elise. What awesome girls we have! :)

And thanks for having us over to swim. I can't tell you how much my kids have enjoyed it--both the water and the friendships. :) So thanks!